MacOs Intel Error Installation v4.13

I have the following error when I try to install the new version, after put in the terminal " bash ./Install-app.sh":
Install FreeFEM version 4.13 in /Applications/FreeFem++.app/Contents/ff-4.13/bin ARCH Intel
filerc : .bash_profile
dyld[13119]: Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/gcc/lib/gcc/current/libgfortran.5.dylib
Referenced from: <8D48A55A-7002-3C2D-9B22-AECE48778960> /Applications/FreeFem++.app/Contents/ff-4.13/ff-petsc/r/lib/libarpack.2.1.0.dylib
Reason: tried: ‘/usr/local/opt/gcc/lib/gcc/current/libgfortran.5.dylib’ (no such file), ‘/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS/usr/local/opt/gcc/lib/gcc/current/libgfortran.5.dylib’ (no such file), ‘/usr/local/opt/gcc/lib/gcc/current/libgfortran.5.dylib’ (no such file), ‘/usr/local/lib/libgfortran.5.dylib’ (no such file), ‘/usr/lib/libgfortran.5.dylib’ (no such file, not in dyld cache)

1 Like

I think I have corrected it problem in

https://github.com/FreeFem/FreeFem-sources/releases/download/v4.13/FreeFEM-v4.13-Intel.dmg

A trick to use this distribution is to install gcc with brew and also sparse-suite ;and métis.

Hi, I tried to install FreeFEM from your link but still got the error after “bash /Volumes/FreeFEM-v4.13-Intel/Install-app.sh”:

same arch x86 i386 ok
Install FreeFEM version 4.13 in /Applications/FreeFem++.app/Contents/ff-4.13/bin ARCH Intel
filerc : .bash_profile
dyld[2850]: Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/gcc/lib/gcc/current/libgfortran.5.dylib
Referenced from: <8D48A55A-7002-3C2D-9B22-AECE48778960> /Applications/FreeFem++.app/Contents/ff-4.13/ff-petsc/r/lib/libarpack.2.dylib
Reason: tried: ‘/usr/local/opt/gcc/lib/gcc/current/libgfortran.5.dylib’ (no such file), ‘/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS/usr/local/opt/gcc/lib/gcc/current/libgfortran.5.dylib’ (no such file), ‘/usr/local/opt/gcc/lib/gcc/current/libgfortran.5.dylib’ (no such file), ‘/usr/local/lib/libgfortran.5.dylib’ (no such file), ‘/usr/lib/libgfortran.5.dylib’ (no such file, not in dyld cache)
/Volumes/FreeFEM-v4.13-Intel/Install-app.sh: line 65: 2850 Abort trap: 6 /Applications/FreeFem++.app/Contents/$ffver/bin/FreeFem++ /Applications/FreeFem++.app/Contents/$ffver/share/FreeFEM/$ver/examples/tutorial/Laplace.edp -nw
Update .bash_profile

add export PATH=/Applications/FreeFem++.app/Contents/ff-4.13/bin:$PATH >>.bash_profile
Create Link of example and Doc

/Users/User
dyld[2857]: Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/gcc/lib/gcc/current/libgfortran.5.dylib
Referenced from: <8D48A55A-7002-3C2D-9B22-AECE48778960> /Applications/FreeFem++.app/Contents/ff-4.13/ff-petsc/r/lib/libarpack.2.dylib
Error missing install missing lib or quarantine ?

Hope you could give me some hint to install this version.

The problem remains, I am not able to install the new version of FreeFEM++.

Hi all,

I give some hints to avoid this problem:

It should be fine if you follow these steps.

Theoritical the problem is solve in version 4.14 you can try