Saving P2 element solution

I was working on a project where for the initial part, we were working on P1 element freespace, and saving the solution of our equation with

savesol("c1.sol",Th,c,order=1);

But later we had to shift to P2 elements, so naturally i changed the code by changing P1 to P2 everywhere in the code and changing order = 2 , while using savesol.
But in this approach, there is no output being saved in the sol file.
Do anyone have any idea on where i am making a mistake and how do i fix it to save the solution file

The simple way is one save the mesh with save mesh instruction and sane the array of dof in a file “Toto” as an array

After to reread in freefem

Read the mesh file with readmesh instruction
Then def the finite element space Vh

VH U;
Ifstream fin(“Toto”);
fin >> U;

I am new to this software, how does saving the mesh play any role in saving the solution ( with P2 elements) to the equation and how do I implement saving the array of dof part

Screenshot 2023-06-23 at 7.26.14 PM

Hello,

Have you looked at this Savesol readsol for P2 FE fields? - #3 by plouraboue?

Admittedly, there’s no use of savesol, but it does allow you to save a solution and then read it later.

Yes I did. savesol can not handle P2 FE fields. Only P1. For P2 you have to write manually as suggested by Frederic. Chears, Franck

1 Like

Thank you, I will try implementing this and share the updates

Hi , i tried this, my read code is plotting the mesh ( saved in mesh.msh) instead of the solution that my i saved in the save.txt

or am i doing something wrong in saving