Graphics problem when connecting remotely (ssh + X11 forwarding) from a Mac

Hello,

I use FreeFem++ on several computers, connecting remotely with ssh and X11 forwarding. One of the computers has an old version:
– FreeFem++ v 3.380000 (date Mer 24 jui 2015 20:46:58 CEST)

On that computer, everything works fine when connecting from a Windows 10 PC (with MobaXterm, if that matters), but there is an issue when connecting from a Mac OS 13 (Ventura) with Xquartz and the ssh -X ... command in a terminal: FreeFem++ runs correctly with the -nw option, but without that option the following error occurs:

libGL error: No matching fbConfigs or visuals found
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
X Error of failed request: GLXBadContext
Major opcode of failed request: 149 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 6 (X_GLXIsDirect)
Serial number of failed request: 35
Current serial number in output stream: 34
X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
Major opcode of failed request: 149 (GLX)
Minor opcode of failed request: 24 (X_GLXCreateNewContext)
Value in failed request: 0x0
Serial number of failed request: 34
Current serial number in output stream: 35

Does anyone have experience with the same problem, or knows how to solve it? Thank you in advance!

I forgot to mention that X11 forwarding itself is working correctly: for instance, I can open emacs with GUI. It’s only when running FreeFem++ that the error occurs.

Possible is because on MacOS FreeFem++ and ffglut are not X11 application but CoCoa

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately I’m not familiar with CoCoa. Is it possible to connect remotely and still have FF++ graphics? If yes, how? Thanks again.

CoCoa is a apple tool box to make graphique,
Infortunalty we do no compile FreeFem++ with X11 interface.
it is possible but not simple.