Compiltion errors on Centos 7

Since CentOS 7 is not under active development anymore, I don’t think it will come from us. Feel free to contribute, I’ll be happy to help you out if you run into hurdles.

Hi all,

Like msinclair I am required to use a CentOS 7 distribution inside a Docker container. I have written my own Dockerfile, adapted from the one available with Ubuntu base. Unfortunately, I have an error during the command make petsc-slepc, in particular occuring during inside the mmg folder:

UnicodeDecodeError: ‘ascii’ codec can’t decode byte 0xe2 in position 5: ordinal not in range(128)

Surprisingly, the exact same sequence of commands executed inside the Docker container with a CentOS 7 base succeeds without this error. It seems that there is something strange in my Dockerfile. I would be glad to have your feedback on the origin of the problem. Once this is fixed, I would gladly share my Dockerfile with the community.

It’s a problem of accent in Mmg source code… You should be able to bypass the issue by using configuring FreeFEM with the additional flag --disable--mmg --disable-parmmg.

Excuse me, do you FreeFem .rpm install package and can you share it with me ? Thank you very much!