Compressible Navier-Stokes equations

Dear all,

I am looking for an or more examples of FreeFEM codes for solving the complete time-dependent compressible Navier-Stokes equations.

Many thanks.

Regards.

I suggest you look around in the Stabfem library.

An example is Third derivative - #4 by fb77 but it does not handle shocks.

You can also see some examples in ff-bifbox. These examples can all be time integrated with adaptive remeshing using the tdnscompute.edp routine. These use a simple first-order fully implicit solver, so they are relatively stable but not optimized for efficient time stepping.
See examples/fani_etal_2018 for a compressible nonreacting flow case and examples/brokof_etal_2024 for a reacting compressible flow case. You may also be interested in the weakly compressible (low Mach) reacting flow case at examples/douglas_etal_2023.

Thank all of you, Aszaboa, François Bouchut and Chris, for the nice and kind information! It is really helpful.

It seems to me that in all the Stabfem and ff-bifbox libraries, the considered equations are always linear (linearized compressible NS around some particular steady flows) thus focusing on wave emission and stability studies.

The tdnscompute.edp routine (time-domain nonlinear simulation) is fully nonlinear. I believe StabFEM has nonlinear timestepping capabilities as well. You are correct though that these tools are not really optimized for time integration.