Strang behavior of metis plugin compile in my system

Dear all,
I’m new to FEM and FreeFEM program. My system is linux ubuntu 18.04 LTS, gcc 7.4.0, openmpi 4.0.1 and Intel® i5-9400F.
When I compile FreeFEM 4.2.1, with following configuation,

./configure CC=mpicc FC=mpif90 CXX=mpicxx --prefix=/opt/FreeFEM/4.2.1 --with-blas=-L/opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2019.4.243/linux/mkl/lib/intel64 -Wl,–no-as-needed -lmkl_gf_lp64 -lmkl_sequential -lmkl_core -lpthread -lm -ldl --enable-download --enable-optim --enable-m64 -with-gsl-prefix=/opt/gsl/2.5 --with-pardiso-include=-I/opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2019.4.243/linux/mkl/include --with-lapack-include=-I/opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2019.4.243/linux/mkl/include CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2019.4.243/linux/mkl/include

compiles fine but many test fail because of FreeFEM’s metis plugin. (undefined symbol error)

Now I change default behavior of metis plugin

eval ./ff-c++ metis.cpp -DWITH_mpi -pthread -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/opt/openmpi/4.0.1/lib -Wl,–enable-new-dtags -L/opt/openmpi/4.0.1/lib -lmpi_cxx -lmpi -I/opt/openmpi/4.0.1/include -DWITH_parmetis -Wl,-rpath,/opt/FreeFEM/4.2.1/ff-petsc/real/lib -L/opt/FreeFEM/4.2.1/ff-petsc/real/lib -lparmetis -I/opt/FreeFEM/4.2.1/ff-petsc/real/include

to this

eval ./ff-c++ metis.cpp -DWITH_mpi -pthread -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/opt/openmpi/4.0.1/lib -Wl,–enable-new-dtags -L/opt/openmpi/4.0.1/lib -lmpi_cxx -lmpi -I/opt/openmpi/4.0.1/include -DWITH_parmetis -Wl,-rpath,/opt/FreeFEM/4.2.1/ff-petsc/real/lib -L/opt/FreeFEM/4.2.1/ff-petsc/real/lib -lparmetis -lmetis -I/opt/FreeFEM/4.2.1/ff-petsc/real/include (I only add -lmetis)

then every test passed except, two xfail test; pardiso.so (because I do not use openmp and multi threaded mkl) and natural-convection-2d-PETSc-fieldsplit.edp (I do not know why this test is xfail).

Could you suggest why this strange behavior happens in my system?

Thank you.